Building an opted-in HCP database and attracting HCPs to sign up to microsites is an ongoing challenge for pharmaceutical companies. This campaign illustrates the cost effectiveness of digital engagement solutions such as Access.PLUS to successfully drive APHRA-verified HCP sign-ups.
- 1,270 page views over a 8-week campaign
- 187 requests to register with a $50 cost per acquisition (CPA)
- Combined 8 hours spent viewing written content
- Always-on campaign engaged doctors when it suited them, with 57% viewing content outside of traditional working hours
- Strong nationwide reach with 22% of engagement from regional areas
The Problem to Solve
The client’s internationally respected microsite was designed by doctors for doctors. It enables GPs to connect with company experts, access patient support material and order treatment starter packs at a time and place that suits them.
The challenge is that doctors seldom find pharmaceutical company microsites on their own and are unlikely to sign up and consent to messaging without a targeted engagement campaign and compelling call to action.
The ADG team worked closely with the client to design a campaign that achieved a high level of targeted engagement, a solid ROI and test-and-learn insights about the most effective executions. The following four Access.PLUS pages were developed, each with a single clear message and promoted to doctors via eNewsletter placements, delivering a conversion rate of up to 25%.
- Order Page: Enjoy the ease of ordering starter packs online
- Support page: Let us help you the way you help your patients
- Expert Page: You’ve got questions. We’ve got answers
- Brand Page: One Simple tool to help transform your daily practice
The campaign results reinforce that digital channels, such as Access. PLUS, eNewletters and web distribution across AusDoc, are cost-effective solutions for promoting sign-ups to pharmaceutical company microsites.
A standout feature of the campaign was 187 APHRA-verified requests to register at a cost of $50 each. In addition, the campaign showed that a conversion rate of above 20% is achievable if valuable content is being provided and supported by a test-and-learn approach to hone messaging to audience interests.
The fact that 57% of engagement was outside of usual office hours and 22% was from outside metropolitan areas shows the ability of digital campaigns to reach HCPs at a time that suits them and a place that isn’t always economically accessible by a pharma field force.
Dollars per HCP registration request
Total HCP page views
In CTR compared with ADG average
Engagement Metrics: i
- Best premium conversion rate of up to 25% (with 16% the campaign average)
- 187 AHPRA verified requests to register for the pharma microsite at a CPA of $50 each
- Email CTR of up to 2.71%
- 1,270 total page views
- 8 hours spent viewing written content
Building an opted-in HCP database and attracting HCPs to sign up to microsites is an ongoing challenge for pharmaceutical companies. This campaign illustrates the cost effectiveness of digital engagement solutions such as Access.PLUS as a solution to drive APHRA-verified HCP sign-ups.
In addition, with 57% of GPs engaging with the campaign outside of traditional sales rep working hours and 1 in 5 engaging from a regional area, the campaign illustrates the ability of Access.PLUS to engage GPs when and where it suits them.
Read more on this topic: Why engaging with GPs outside of working hours is crucial for pharma
i. Due to various factors, including the use of different content and changing market conditions, it is important to understand that past performance may not be indicative of future results.
Talk to us today!
We work with brands to understand their objectives and deliver bespoke engaging content which drives results.